I'm a Ph.D. student at the Department
of Computer Science, University of Pittsburgh,
, supervised by Prof. Jack
Lange . My research interests lie in operating systems
Before moving to Pittsburgh in August 2010, I completed
my B.E. at Computer Science Department, University
of Science and Technology of China (USTC).
- Jiannan Ouyang, John Lange, Preemptable Ticket Spinlocks: Improving Consolidated Performance in the Cloud, Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Virtual Execution Environments (VEE 2013), March 2013. (paper, slides, patch)
- Brian Kocoloski, Jiannan Ouyang, John Lange, A Case for Dual Stack Virtualization: Consolidating HPC and Commodity Applications in the Cloud, Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing (SoCC 2012), October, 2012. (paper)
- Ju-Young Jung, Kelli Ireland, Jiannan Ouyang, Bruce Childers, Sangyeun Cho, Rami Melhem, Daniel Mosse, Jun Yang, Youtao Zhang, and A. J. Camber, Characterizing a Real PCM Storage Device (Poster), 2nd Annual Non-Volatile Memories Workshop (NVMW 2011), San Diego, California, March 2011.
Honors and Awards
- Graduate Student Fellowship, School of Arts and Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, 2010
- First Prize in the National Biology Olympiad of China, 2005
- Comprehensive Exam: reading list of my comprehensive exam.
- Code is Might: infrequently
updated blog about operating systems, virtualization, etc.
- joos: a prototype operating
system developing for learning purpose, based on a
course project from MIT.
- vimrc: my vim configuration
file hosted on github.