CS1674: Homework 8 - Written
Due: 11/7/2016, 11:59pm
This assignment is worth 15 points.
- Why do we want a classifier that gives a large margin between positive and negative examples?
- Why can we do the "kernel trick" and not explicitly compute a lifting transformation?
- Name the two ways to implement a multi-class classifier.
- Describe the problem of "overfitting", and why it is tricky to handle.
- What two things do we need, in order to enable zero-shot classification of never-seen animals?