CS1674: Homework 7 - Written
Due: 10/31/2016, 11:59pm
This assignment is worth 15 points.
- Name three examples of recognition problems in computer vision. For each, explain in 1-2 sentences what the task that we're trying to solve in each of those problems is (i.e. elaborate on what the problem means).
- Consider generic categorization versus instance recognition. Why might the former be more challenging than the latter? Why might the reverse be true in some cases?
- Briefly describe what we do during recognition at training time, and what we do at test time.
- How does a K-Nearest Neighbor classifier work?
- Why might a Spatial Pyramid Match make sense for scene recognition but not object recognition?