CS1674: Homework 6 - Written
Due: 10/24/2016, 11:59pm
This assignment is worth 15 points.
- List the steps involved in detecting an edge.
- What two steps do we iterate between, when trying to cluster with the k-means algorithm?
- Name one difference between mean-shift and k-means. (Note: Don't copy directly from the slides.)
- Why is edge detection insufficient when we need to find lines in images?
- Intuitively rather than formally, what is the underlying idea behind the Hough transform? In other words, why does the Hough transform make sense, as a way to deal with outliers when finding lines?