CS1674: Homework 10 - Written
Due: 11/28/2016, 11:59pm
This assignment is worth 15 points.
- Why do we say neural networks are not linear classifiers?
- Briefly describe one way in which artificial neurons resemble brain neurons.
- Say a vision system predicts the following scores for a cat image: 10 for the category "cat," 5 for the category "dog," and 3 for the category "cow." Another system predicts scores 8, 6 and 1 for the same categories. Is the SVM loss the same or different for these two systems?
What about the softmax loss? Why?
- Briefly, how does gradient descent work?
- What is mini-batch?
- How can we prevent overfitting in a neural network?