Radar Watch 2 (The Rewrite)
07/06/06 Version 2.3 is released!
- Changed the source of the radar to the new NWS urls...
- New images are white background, do not be alarmed.
- Your city needs to be reconfigured upon startup
- Only 8 frames of animation rather than 10 now
- No smart caching, re-downloads all 8 images every time
you hit "play"
03/15/06 Version 2.2 is released!
- Changed the source of the radar to the new NWS urls.
11/14/05 Version 2.1 is released!
- Fixes the cannot select Birmingham, Alabama as a location
- Removes message about not finding custom radars if none
are present (left in from debugging)
11/12/05 Version 2.0 is released!
This release represents the first official version of Radar Watch 2, freshly
out of Beta.
Radar Watch 2 is a complete rewrite from Radar Watch 1.1, and now is a native
app, not relying on the .NET CF anymore.
Features of version 2:
- Download radar and animated radar from the National
Weather Service directly to your device
- Intelligent caching only downloads new frames for
- Image can be fit to the display or actual size
- Image can be scrolled using the stylus or the directional
- Custom static radars can be added
- Radar has continuous loop with adjustable speed
- Can clean up animation cache automatically on exit to
Things yet to come:
- Support for internet proxies
- Download the current conditions
- Support for animated gifs
- ...Features you suggest!
Download Radar Watch 2 as a CAB for ARM devices:
This page © 2005 Jonathan Misurda