PlaylistEditor for PocketPC ARM
08-08-05 -- Version 1.7 Released
- Added a shuffle command to randomize the order of a playlist
- Added a "play" button to launch the current playlist in the
default program. Note this does not save the playlist first.
- Discovered the ASX loader does not like ampersands in the
file. I will investigate a fix. For now, save an M3U or PLS version to reload.
11-07-05 -- Version 1.6 Released
- Now should work with versions of WMP before 10. Before
WMP10, entries cannot look like URLs (with "file://" prefix on local files)
- WMP10 doesn't care either way so ASX output configurable
from File menu.
- Fixed typo of "Software" in Registry key, oops.
11-03-05 -- Version 1.5 Released
- Adds Editing of ID3 v1.1 tags. v2 tags coming in the
- Greatly improved ASX loading. Should load any valid ASX
- Remembers last browsed load folder and add folder between
- Some UI tweaks including new menu items under the "Edit"
- Delete now selects the next item
09-04-05 -- Version 1.4 Released
Only 1 change in this version:
- Supports specifying a filename to open so it can be
launched for playlists with
08-15-05 -- Version 1.3 Released
Several UI enhancements:
- New VGA Icon
- Added Import directory button to toolbar
- Changed file selection dialog to now list many common music formats, no
having to choose mp3 everytime
- Rudimentary ID3v1 Tag support - automatically build the playlist entry
from the ID3 tag if present. No editing capabilities yet.
04-25-05 -- Version 1.2 Released
- Entirely new, improved interface
- Now supports ASX, M3U, and PLS playlist formats.
- Can convert between formats
- Improved Import of existing directories
- Supports Landscape
- VGA Aware
- CAB installer
- Handles both local and streaming files
12-18-04 -- Version 1.1 Released
- Fixed the Import to now recurse into subdirectories if so
12-17-04 -- Version 1.0 Released
CAB self installer: Download
ZIP manual install (copy gsgetfile.dll to \windows, exe anywhere): Download
Since WMP 10 doesn't allow for easy creation, editing, or saving of playlists,
I wrote my own ASX playlist editor. It's still lacking in some features, but it
does work as far as I've tested it.
- Browse to files located anywhere using the gsgetfile.dll (included in
- Save playlists anywhere
- Import entire directories recursively
- Edit existing playlists
Simply unzip the files into any folder you like. No Desktop installer or .cab
How to use:
To Add Individual Songs:
- Click the "+" Button in the toolbar
- Click "Browse" to find the song, and Click "OK"
- The program will guess at a good title, if you want it different, change
it in the Title textbox. (ID3 support coming soon)
- Click "Ok"
- The song will now show up in the list box at the bottom.
How to Add an Entire Directory:
- Go to Edit > Import... menu
- Browse to the directory you want by double clicking a directory
- Check the "Recurse Subdirectories" checkbox if you want
to include songs from all folders under this one as well
- Click the "OK" button
NOTE: Import includes ALL files, not just music ones, I'll work
- If you want to manually change the title or the path, double click
in the list and an edit dialog box will appear.
- You can rearrange the order of the songs by selecting a
song and then using the up and down arrows
- The "X" in the toolbar deletes the selected song from the
- Edit > Clear clears the entire playlist
Add only supports .WMA and .MP3
- Import does not allow you to filter by extension
No ID3 tag support
Load is not guaranteed to work. It's not very robust code. It should
however load all files that PlaylistEditor creates itself. If you find a
playlist it incorrectly loads, send it to me
- Does not warn you about unsaved playlists
(c) 2004 Jonathan Misurda