CS 1653: Applied Cryptography and Network Security
[ Home ]
[ Policies ]
[ Lectures ]
[ Homework ]
[ Project ]
Prof. Adam J. Lee
Office: 6111 Sennott Square
Email: adamlee -at- cs.pitt.edu
Teaching Assistant: Veronica Liang
Office: 6410 SENSQ
Email: veronica -at- cs.pitt.edu
- TH 2:30 - 3:45 PM, 5129 SENSQ
- Prof. Lee: M,Tu 1:00-2:30
- Veronica: W,Th: 10:00-12:00
- [9/11] Project 2 is posted and will be due on October 3.
- [8/31] Project 1 is posted.
- [8/23/2017] Welcome to CS 1653! Please check this web page at least 2 times per week for important announcements.
The goal of this course is to provide students the necessary
conceptual background and hands-on experience to understand the most
common cryptographic algorithms and protocols and how to use them to
secure distributed applications and computer networks.
- CS 0449, Introduction to Systems Software
- CS 1501, Algorithm Implementation
- 45% Midterm and Final
- 30% Projects
- 15% Homeworks and in-class quizzes
- 10% Attendance and participation