CS 1653: Applied Cryptography and Network Security
[ Home ]
[ Policies ]
[ Lectures ]
[ Homework ]
[ Project ]
Prof. Adam J. Lee
Office: 6111 Sennott Square
Email: adamlee -at- cs.pitt.edu
Teaching Assistant: Veronica Liang
Office: 6410 SENSQ
Email: veronica -at- cs.pitt.edu
- TH 2:30 - 3:45 PM, 5129 SENSQ
- Prof. Lee: M 10:30AM-12:00PM, Tu 1:00-2:30PM
- Veronica: W,Th: 10:00-12:00
- [11/21] Project 4 will now be due on November 28. Project 5 will still post on November 26.
- [11/6] Project 4 is posted and will be due on November 26.
- [10/25] The final exam will be held on Thursday 12/14 from 4-5:50 in the usual room.
- [10/25] Prof. Lee's office hours for Monday 10/30 will be canceled due to travel. Make up office hours will be held Wednesday 11/1 from 2:30-4.
- [10/16] Project 3 is now due on 11/7.
- [10/4] Project 3 is posted and will be due on October 31.
- [9/26] Homework 1 is posted and will be due on October 6.
- [9/25] Prof. Lee's office hours for today are canceled. Starting next week, Monday office hours will be switched from 1:00 - 2:30PM to 10:30AM - 12:00PM.
- [9/11] Project 2 is posted and will be due on October 3.
- [8/31] Project 1 is posted.
- [8/23/2017] Welcome to CS 1653! Please check this web page at least 2 times per week for important announcements.
The goal of this course is to provide students the necessary
conceptual background and hands-on experience to understand the most
common cryptographic algorithms and protocols and how to use them to
secure distributed applications and computer networks.
- CS 0449, Introduction to Systems Software
- CS 1501, Algorithm Implementation
- 45% Midterm and Final
- 30% Projects
- 15% Homeworks and in-class quizzes
- 10% Attendance and participation