CS 1653: Applied Cryptography and Network Security
[ Home ]
[ Policies ]
[ Lectures ]
[ Homework ]
[ Project ]
Prof. Adam J. Lee
Office: 6111 Sennott Square
Email: adamlee -at- cs.pitt.edu
Teaching Assistant: Daniel Petrov
Office: 6410 SENSQ
Email: dpetrov -at- cs.pitt.edu
- TH 2:30 - 3:45 PM, 5129 SENSQ
- Prof. Lee: T 1-2:30, Th 11-12:30
- TA: T, W: 8:30 - 11:30 AM
- [8/3/2016] Welcome to CS 1653! Please check this web page at least 2 times per week for important announcements.
- [9/1] Project 1 is posted. It will be due on Tuesday 9/13.
- [9/8] Dr. Lee's office hours for today will be held from 1:30-2:30 instead of the usual 11-12:30.
- [9/13] Project 2 is posted. It will be due on Tuesday 10/04.
- [9/18] Fixed a minor typo in the Project 2 assignment (incorrect email address)
- [9/27] Homework 1 is posted. It will be due on Friday 10/7.
- [10/4] Project 3 is posted. It will be due on Sunday 11/6.
- [10/11] Prof. Lee's office hours for Thursday 10/13 are canceled. Make-up office hours will be held on Wednesday 10/12 from 11:30 AM - 1 PM.
- [10/17] Prof. Lee will hold additional office hours this Wednesday from 3-5 for all of your midterm prep and project defense needs.
- [11/2] The lecture schedule has been updated slightly.
- [11/16] Project 4 can be turned in penalty free until Sunday 11/27. Project 5 will still be posted on 11/23.
- [11/22] Project 5 is posted. It will be due on Thursday 12/8.
- [11/30] Several of you have asked about our final exam date/time. Our final exam will be held on Tuesday 12/13 from 2-3:50 PM in the usual classroom.
- [12/6] Dr. Lee's office hours on Thursday 12/8 will be held from 1-2:30 PM.
The goal of this course is to provide students the necessary
conceptual background and hands-on experience to understand the most
common cryptographic algorithms and protocols and how to use them to
secure distributed applications and computer networks.
- CS 0449, Introduction to Systems Software
- CS 1501, Algorithm Implementation
- 45% Midterm and Final
- 30% Projects
- 15% Homeworks and in-class quizzes
- 10% Attendance and participation